Aggressive Dog Rehabilitation
Aggression is the most serious behavioral issue in dogs. It is also the most common and the number one reason pet owners reach out for professional help. In order to ensure the safety of you and your dog, all aggressive cases MUST be done in our care. These are typically three-week programs, however this may vary with the level of your dog’s aggression.
At the Cincinnati Dog Wizard, our Dog Aggression rehabilitation training program includes:
- Hands-on training while providing constant supervision
- Monitored socialization with other dogs
- Focuses on building your dog’s confidence
- Discovers and recognizes your dog’s individual aggression triggers and tailors the program to address them
- Refreshes social skills
- Teaches the obedience commands heel, come, sit, down, and place
- Teaches and proofs all commands in low distractions and high distraction areas including parks and shopping centers
- Teaches you, the owner, to take over the commands when your dog gets home
Aggression is typically prefaced with warning signs that often go unnoticed but can lead to an attack. Some signs to look for in your dog’s behavior include:
- Becoming very still and rigid
- Barking or growling viciously
- Lunging or charging at people or other animals
- Showing teeth
- Nipping or biting even if it doesn’t leave marks
When ignored or overlooked, aggression can quickly worsen. The safest and most effective way to treat an aggression problem is to implement behavior modification under the guidance of a qualified professional.
All of the programs with Sarasota Dog Wizard include free follow-up lessons for the life of your dog. You can call us with questions one month later, one year later or five years later. With The Dog Wizard you have a trainer for life!